Find out more about what your child will learn at our school.
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) is responsible for the curriculum, Kindergarten to Year 12, for all NSW schools.
For the high school years, NESA develops syllabuses for all subjects in eight key learning areas:
- creative arts
- human society and its environment (HSIE)
- personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE)
- technology and applied studies (TAS).
At Hoxton Park High School we aim to cater for all students' learning styles. We attempt to offer all students a diverse curriculum with various opportunities to achieve and participate in many extra-curricular activities. All students are offered a successful, personalised pathway that is supported and guided by our expert, committed and caring staff.
Like all NSW schools, we have developed teaching and learning programs to suit our local context and the needs of our students.
To learn more about curriculum in NSW, visit:
- NSW Department of Education – key learning areas
- NESA’s Parent Guide – Schooling in NSW which provides information about learning stages, key learning areas and syllabuses
- NSW Department of Education policy – Curriculum planning and programming, assessing and reporting to parents K–12.
Hoxton Park High School
Equipment Requirements Years 7 – 10
Students at Hoxton Park High School are required to have the General Equipment listed below in all subjects to achieve successful learning. The Hoxton Park High School stationary shop is open during Break times to ensure students always have the required equipment.
General Equipment Requirements (all students):
In addition to the general stationery required by all students studying at Hoxton Park High School, students will require subject workbooks and equipment as stated in the attached document.The equipment required depends upon each student's pattern of study.
HPHS Equipment Requirements (docx 69 KB)