HPHS TAS/VET Faculty
In technology and applied studies (TAS), students use a range of tools, materials and techniques in the design process and technological experiences through theory and practical lessons.
The continuum of technology learning is:
· based on students becoming increasingly sophisticated in their ability to design and produce solutions for authentic needs and opportunities
· an option for student specialisation in high school through a range of syllabuses addressing particular technologies and aspects of design.
Head Teacher TAS/VET
Ms April Porter (Mon-Thurs)
Jamie Crosariol (W-Fri) (Rel. HT Fri)
Ms Shayal Dutt
Ms Anjala Ram
Mr Huu Huynh
Ms Reem Abousamra (M-Thur)
Ms Carolyn Reck
Ms Sharleen Jacob (M - Tu)
Vocational, Education and Training (VET)
Some students prefer the action of hands-on learning. What that means is they respond well to exercises where they can see the results of their work rather than just book-work. These students tend to thrive when they are out of the traditional classroom setting. Perhaps that is you!
Our VET students develop essential technology and employability skills to ensure they secure a satisfying and meaningful place in our rapidly changing society.
VET courses such as Business Services, Hospitality, Information Technology, Metal & Engineering and Retail Services provide outstanding opportunities for all.
Our modern specialised facilities include:
- New industry standard stainless steel kitchen
- Well equipped computer rooms
- Refurbishment of Metal & Engineering
Ms April Porter
Ms Jamie Crosariol
Mr Ehab El-Hajje
Ms Anjala Ram
Ms Bhaskar Kishore
Mr Zac Ryan